Editor’s note: Congratulations to Nathalie Gil, the recipient of our 2018 scholarship! Check back next year for information on how to apply for the 2019-2020 award.
SleepZoo is proud to announce that we are offering a $1,000 scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year. We believe everybody deserves access to a great education, and this is our small way of giving back. It’s also a way to help raise awareness for an issue that we are very passionate about – helping students get more sleep.
Apply below for the opportunity to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship that you can put toward your various education-related expenses, such as school books, tuition, and so on. One winner will be selected.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to receive this scholarship:
- Recent US high school graduate OR currently enrolled student in a two or four-year college at an accredited US post-secondary institution
- Planning to pursue or already pursuing a degree at an accredited US college/post-secondary institution
- Minimum 3.00 GPA or grade average equivalent
- Citizen of the United States
How to Apply
Applying for the SleepZoo Sleep Awareness $1,000 Scholarship is easy. Just write a 500+ word essay on the following topic: Sleep deprivation has become the norm for many college students…what do you think can be done to help students get the recommended amount of sleep every night?
Email your essay application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Your full name, email, and phone number
- The school you’re attending/planning to attend
- Current GPA
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year scholarship must be sent in no later than October 1, 2018. Winner to be chosen no later than 15 days after the deadline and will be notified by email. If the winner doesn’t respond within 30 days of notification, another winner will be selected.